An exploration and survival game for mobile devices
A game with many similarities to Minecraft, Terraria takes you to a 2D sandbox world and lets you explore. You can interact however you want. You can chop materials, create gadgets and craft objects like swords, shovels, picks and armor. In total, Terraria includes over 200 items, so you have a rich selection of choices. That number also overlooks the houses and towers you can build.
Many of the elements found in Terraria were designed to deal with the monsters. You have over 450 types of monsters you will find on the map, and to put the cherry on top, you will face over 20 special bosses. One of the most comprehensive games you will ever play, you have hundreds of hours of creative gameplay that expands your mind as you play it. First made for Windows, you have an almost identical version created for the Android, and you can also play it on the tablet.
The game even has somewhat of a sense of humor where you can take 30 different pets. When you select multiplayer mode, you can do local Wi-Fi games with up to four players, and it can be done from any mobile device. Terraria's active online community of millions of players can give you tips and tricks. Almost every world you view in the game will be unique and randomly generated. You have a few key principles when playing this game. They include dig, fight, build and explore. Like in Minecraft, the only limit to the game is your imagination.
- Cross platform gameplay
- Face over 20 special bosses
- Over 450 types of monsters
- No two maps will ever be exactly the same
- Suffers from frequent game crashes
- The mobile version has tough controls
Potentially dangerous permissions
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- BLUETOOTH: Allows applications to connect to paired bluetooth devices.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.